Monday, March 28, 2011

Some Bulbs

Hello!

I have yet to post my new find of dresser drawers, so here is a pic:



It's amazing what people will throw away in Park Slope.  I work at the Whole Foods in Manhattan, and I picked up some bulbs there on sale for $3.45.  I bought some gladiolus and some freesias.


 My mom was telling me that a lot of people make the mistake of planting these root side up, sprout side down, making the germination a lot harder to surface.  I took one of the dresser drawers, filled it with soil, and placed the freesia bulbs about five inches deep into the soil. 


I'm out of soil at the moment, and I should probably wait on any more planting, as the weather here is still pretty cold.

So to recap...

Assets allocated today: 
  • Gladiolus and Freesia bulbs
Things accomplished:
  • Bought and planted the Freesia bulbs in one of the dresser drawers 
  • Re-hammered the wine case (as the nails were coming out and warping the wood)
Amount Spent today:
  • $3.45 
Total amount spent so far
  • $25.20

No comments:

Post a Comment