Friday, March 25, 2011

The Overzealous Gardener

      For anyone who didn't notice, we had a crazy snow, hail, and sleet storm a couple of days ago which, I am sure obliterated those little sunflower seeds.  All is not lost, as that planter can be resown, but I'll just have to be more patient and wait for the remnants of winter to pass.
     One a happier note, I was walking home from work tonight when I realized, it's big trash night tonight!  I decided to go for a little walk in the night, just down St Johns, down seventh, over and down lincoln, and back around.  I was looking for more planters.  I found a few interesting things including a nice table on our street, none of the items usable for my purposes though.  On the way back home, going across 7th ave I spotted for the first time what I had been looking for since I started my walks:  a dresser on the curb.  I grabbed the two drawers and walked them home!  Bringing them onto the roof tonight felt almost magical; taking these items that were tossed aside and turning them into something useful and (hopefully) even beautiful, like a bird assembling his nest.

So to recap...

Assets allocated today: 
  • two dresser drawers! (to use as planters)

Things accomplished:
  • managed to destroy the sunflower seeds  : (
  • put the shelves on the roof

Total amount spent so far
  • $21.75

No comments:

Post a Comment